Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Dear Chuckles, Part 13

Dear Chuckles,

Been thinking about you alot lately, boy. It's hard to be as happy or excited as I feel like I should be considering I'm getting married in 5 days, because I'm very aware that the day after my wedding will be exactly 3 months since I lost you. It feels like so much longer, yet at the same time it feels like just yesterday you were stealing Josh's spot in the bed as soon as he left for work.

(Side Note: Anyone who thinks it's stupid that I'm still sad about losing my dog after only 3 months should stop reading now. And should probably never speak to me again.)

I know that you loved to make me happy, and I know that you want me to be happy now. And I am, baby. But there's a piece of my heart that will never heal, because it was you.

Wherever you are, I know that you'll be checking in on us on our wedding day, probably thankful that I'm not able to make you wear a tie and stand still for the whole ceremony (as if you standing still for more than 5 minutes was ever an option).

I love you Chuckles. Though I wish you'd lived to see it, I know that you'll be with us on that day, in all your joyful puppy spirit.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment