Friday, February 18, 2011

Late, I can stay up late, in and out of bed...

I am late for everything. EVERYTHING. I'm late for work. I'm late for family gatherings. I'm late for doctor's appointments. I've been late for court, vet appointments, meetings, jury duty, weddings and funerals. Hell, even my period can't decide whether to be late or not most of the time.

There is one thing I am never late for, however. A deadline at work. I always make my deadlines. It drives me batshit when people ignore deadlines, or act like the deadline is merely a suggestion rather than an actual deadline. They're deadlines for a reason, people. If you don't meet your deadline, you're jeopardizing my deadline, and that just pisses me off.

I've even padded the schedule and given false deadlines, that's how bad it gets. But even then, there's always someone who misses it, and always someone who pushes it until the very last minute. Both of my magazines are running so late right now that this week was absolute hell, and I've been so stressed that it's taking me forever to wind down tonight and realize that I don't have to deal with any of it for 2 whole days.

2 whole days.
It's SO not enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment