Friday, November 25, 2011

It reminds me that it's not so bad, It's not so bad.

In honor of Thanksgiving...the obligatory "things I'm thankful for" post.

So, here's what I'm thankful for, in no particular order. The things that make it "not so bad." And it's certainly not a complete list by any means. But I'm nearly in a food coma, so I'm lucky to be posting anything.
  • My often hilarious and always amazing family.
  • My equally hilarious and equally amazing friends.
  • Josh.
  • My awesome furry children, Chuck & Trixie.


  • Music. It makes life bearable.
  • Books. Actual, printed books. I just don't get the same feeling holding an e-reader.
  • Sleep. I wish I got more of it.
  • Cheap wine. Xanax. Marijuana. Judge if you like. I care not.
  • 5 days off from work. Fuck yeah.
  • That I was able to clean and save the leopard flats I thought were ruined. Yay!

  • The awesome food my mom made today, and the amazing pie my sister made. But holy shit I'm still full. I may not eat again until Saturday. Which reminds me that I am also thankful for Gas-X.
  • Cozy PJs.
  • My couch.
  • Clorox wipes. They're pretty much good for everything.
  • DVR.
  • Photographs. They are tangible memories.
  • Lazy Sunday mornings.
  • Anything that makes me laugh. If I didn't laugh I'd probably go quietly insane.
  • My punching bag. 
  • Earphones. I can block out anything when I'm commuting. That obnoxious screaming kid running up and down the aisle? No match for Social Distortion in my ears.
  • Silly internet games that keep my racing mind occupied.
  • Technology. I love that my mom texts now. 
  • Family Guy. 
  • The fact that I can end this post any time I like. And that time is now, because my brain is tired.


I love this song. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment