Sunday, April 15, 2012

I'm no saint.

1. What is the origin of your first name? What about any nicknames?
Melanie: From the French form of the Latin name Melania, derived from Greek μελαινα (melaina) meaning "black, dark." This was the name of a Roman saint who gave all her wealth to charity in the 5th century. Her grandmother was also a saint with the same name.
The name was common in France during the Middle Ages, and it was introduced from there to England, though it eventually became rare. Interest in it was revived by the character Melanie Wilkes from the novel 'Gone with the Wind' (1936) and the subsequent movie adaptation (1939).

You probably thought I was just that smart. Nah, copied and pasted. And here is Saint Melania herself.

St. Melania the Younger
2. Have you any claims to fame?
I'm awesome. Duh.

  3. If you were famous, how would you introduce yourself to someone who had never heard of you?
Hi, I'm Melanie. This is a lame question. Next.

4. Which of your country’s achievements do you hold in highest regard?
There is no way for me to intelligently answer this question because I am highly opposed to speaking of politics in any manner. So here's a picture of a kid and a dog on a beach.

Cute, right?

5. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
For a while I wanted to be a teacher...turns out I would never have had the patience to teach other people's brats on a daily basis.

6. What was your most prized possession as a child? Do you still have it?
I had a teddy bear who was named White Teddy. I actually do still have him in storage somewhere. Perhaps he is the reason for my lifelong love of teddy bears. Seriously, I have a bunch of different ones. And nowhere to put them. It's a problem.

Hmm, I don't have this one...

7. What would you change about yourself, if you could?
My bank account. 

8. What are you obsessed with?
Right now? My wedding, I guess. Only 5 weeks out...holy shit.

9. What is your greatest achievement so far, or the high point of your career?
I don't fucking know. I hate questions like this. I've been published a few times, both for photography and for modeling. Those are pretty awesome achievements as far as I'm concerned.

10. When/where were you happiest?
At the beach. I'm always happiest at the beach.

LBI, NJ, July 2011

11. And the lowest point in your life thus far?
1994 and 2003. 

12. What was the best decision you ever made?
Leaving. 

13. If you have any body modifications, which was most painful, or which do you regret the most? If you haven’t got any, do you have any planned, or would you ever consider getting any?
Most painful: inner forearm tattoo.
I don't regret any of them.
I have 9 tattoos and a ton more planned.
Here's a photo of my latest, my Maneki Neko. Done on 4/6/12 by Rick Schreck at House of 1000 Tattoos.


14. What is the most idiotic thing you have ever done while intoxicated?
The list would be shorter if I told you the smart things I’d done while intoxicated.

15. What is your favorite joke?
Carson Daly. Oh, you said “what," not “who." Oh, well…moving on.

16. What is the coolest/most impressive thing you own?
I don't know. I'm not trying to impress anyone.

17. When did you last cry, and why?
Eh. The other day. Missing Chuckles.

18. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever had?
"Cut yourself some slack." Or "give yourself a break." Or "stop being so hard on yourself." All good advice. Am I following it? Meh.

19. Similarly, what’s the nicest thing anyone’s ever done for you?
The nicest thing anyone has ever done for me in my entire life was when a random good Samaritan witnessed my giant car accident in 1996 and ran across a 6 lane highway to stay with me and talk to me until help arrived. This Samaritan will have his own post on this blog in the not-too-distant future.

20. Have you any vices?

Smoking and shopping.

21. Do you regret anything?
I shall steal a line from The Bouncing Souls: "Things just happened to turn out this way; I can't say I have no regrets today." And because I love it, here's the song that line belongs to. Live, no less.




22. What is the best invention ever?
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Oh yes.

You know you want one now.

23. How would you describe your relationship with your family?
Close.

24. Who is your biggest inspiration?
My mom, and my late Chuckles. 

25. What are you going to do when you’ve finished doing this?
Finish watching VH1's 40 Greatest One Hit Wonders of the 90s. I'm so entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment