Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Goody QuikStyle Brush

"The GOODY® QUIKSTYLE™ Paddle brush works like a towel and brush in one. The super absorbent (and antimicrobial) microfiber removes 30% of water from wet hair to help speed your drying time! You can effortlessly detangle right out of the shower and continue using it while you blow dry!"

Imagine my surprise and delight when this item was included in my Holiday VoxBox from Influenster. What an awesome item to be sent to test and review! Thank you Influenster!

My hair needs to be beaten into submission on a daily basis, so anything that may help speed this process along is more than welcome. My normal post-shower routine is: towel dry, comb, apply SimplySmooth Keratin Treatment (which is awesome, by the way), comb through, blow dry, brush, and then straighten with a flat iron and brush again. That was exhausting just to type, but believe me, I have it down to a science.

Here's my wet hair after the shower:

Yes, it's curly, and very thick. Hence, beating it into submission.
So this brush claims to remove 30% of the water from your wet hair to help speed drying time. And you know what? It does. I was pleasantly surprised to find my routine cut short by at least 15 minutes, presumably because my hair was already drier than it would have been using a regular comb/brush. Plus, the brush is surprisingly light! Much lighter than my standard paddle brush. And the microfiber bristles are so soft.

Note the vents the brush is designed with. 
Drying while it brushes.












After brushing, before blow-drying.
A short while later, my hair was not only dry, but straighter than it usually gets pre-flat iron, which was a nice change:

Post-blow dry, pre-flat iron.
I did use the flat iron after I took the above photo, but honestly it wasn't even really that necessary. It did make it even straighter though. Works for me!

In addition to working exceptionally well and living up to all claims, the Goody QuikStyle Brush is super easy to take care of. After using, and removing all stray hairs from between the bristles, it looked like this:


However, all you have to do is shoot it with a few blasts from your blow dryer, and it goes right back to form:


So yep, I love it, and I've since incorporated it into my routine. If blow-drying time is one of your pet peeves, this is definitely the brush for you!

Make sure you check out Goody's website for their entire line of hair products!

2 comments: