Friday, December 14, 2012

Conversations With My Sister #2

If you don't remember what this is, or never had an idea what it is, refer back to this post: Conversations With My Sister #1.

So last weekend my sister and I had lunch and did some Christmas shopping with our aunt and our mom (too much hilariousness in one day, really). We were in Macy's, I believe, and talking about Christmas songs, when my sister said "I swear if I hear "Last Christmas" one more time I'll scream. I'm sorry, but no, George Michael. It's been the "Last Christmas" for like 20 years."

I laughed so hard. Mind you, this is actually my favorite Christmas song. Don't judge.

Maybe an hour later, we're in Old Navy and "Last Christmas" comes on. I hear it right away and start smiling really big. My sister looks at me and says "What?" So I just said "Listen!" and pointed to the ceiling. The look on her face was one I'll never forget, and completely made my day. :)

And because I couldn't write this post and not include the actual song, here you go. Enjoy!



Love you, sis!


2 comments:

  1. Hilarious. I'm sorry, but the song is just not timeless. I'm going to stab my ears the next time I hear it. Also, Christmas songs are supposed to be uplifting. Not so much for this one. Not so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, I'll give you that. It's not very uplifting, but there are definitely other Christmas songs that are not so uplifting. For example, I give you what is arguably the most depressing Christmas song ever: "Do They Know It's Christmas?"

      http://youtu.be/to652Gy9blI

      Delete