Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Dear Chuckles, Part 10

Dear Chuckles,

It's been 5 weeks since I lost you. I miss you so much. Every time Josh leaves the apartment and I'm alone, I miss you even more. When I was cleaning things out yesterday, I was thinking about you the whole time, and wishing you were here to get underfoot and make me laugh, to be goofy and dance around the apartment with me. Even the building maintenance guys said that it feels strange here without you. You touched more people than you know, pup.

I want you to know that as part of our wedding favors, we'll be donating to the Humane Society in your memory. It doesn't bring you back, and it doesn't change the fact that I'm lost without you, but it's something.

It was thundering before, and it made me cry. Because my first thought upon hearing the thunder was "oh no, poor Chuckles." But then it kicked in that you're not here, so you're not afraid of the thunder anymore. As a matter of fact, perhaps you caused it while galloping after the hordes of squirrels I'm sure you're torturing.

I think about you all the time. And I know that I'll never stop missing you.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment